Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

This Christmas has to be one of my favorites of all time. This year I have the gift of motherhood. The gift that brings a new kind of excitement for Christmas morning. Lola was awakened by both her sets of grandparents, mommy and daddy, and her furry family. She discovered wrapping paper and the joy in ripping it to shreds and in Lola's case trying to chow it down. It was a chilly morning surprisingly and I served a french toast casserole and crockpot Nutella hot chocolate. I will share recipes on a rainy day. Santa even left Lola a little note even though we left him granola bars instead of cookies. (Oops!)
All in all this Christmas was over the top magical for all three of us, Ryan got new parts to rebuild parts of his computer and I got my dream camera and my new best friend the Canon Rebel SL1. Oh and I might be a tad bit spoiled but Ryan got me a Kitchenaid stand mixer, so I'm OVER THE MOON for that because now I get to take my baking to a whole new level.
But out of all the gifts we all received the most precious one of all was driving around Christmas Eve night watching the glimmer of christmas lights shining through our car windows. We found a small community that lights up their whole neighborhood with christmas wonderland. We were able to plop Lola up front with us to get the best view. Our little family so close and cozy in our tiny car, with twinkling lights passing us by, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better gift.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment