Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A New Companion

I've never been one to make New Years resolutions. I mean who really keeps them anyways? I know it's a bit early to be exchanging New Years commitments, but when I started this blog I intended on just using my iPhone camera to express my photos to all my readers. It's just easier than lugging my digital camera around everywhere I go. I can snap pictures freely without a second thought. But as I venture through other blogs I see all these beautiful crisp photos that really tell a story, an intimate story. Photography has always been a major part of my life, I picked up my first camera at a very young age and since then I fell in love. It's a hobby of mine that is very sentimental to me, but something I never disciplined myself into taking seriously. It always seemed like such a task to whip out my camera unless it was a special occasion, so when I got my iPhone over a year ago it was like a little piece of heaven in my pocket. It's not enough though. My passion for photography is too strong, so although it's not New Years yet, I'm making a commitment to myself that bringing my camera everywhere will just be like second nature to me. So I wouldn't really call it a resolution, I would call it building a new companionship with my trusty ol' camera.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment