Thursday, November 28, 2013

Itty bitty

I am ever so grateful for my itty bitty family and it didn't take thanksgiving to tug the thankfulness out of me. All it took was a spur of the moment trip to Starbucks last night. We went out to lunch in a cozy Olive Garden and pigged out on pasta. They even had the lights dimmed so perfectly while Lola napped. After our bellies were filled, we crammed into our itty bitty car and blasted The Lumineers and after a few street lights we ended up in downtown. We bundled Lola up all toasty and rushed into Starbucks. The atmosphere was just so perfect for the kind of night we were having. The dim lights followed us and the leather arm chairs were screaming our names. All the people in the coffee shop were so conservative and here we were having screeching contests with the shoosh and snapping picture after picture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic So what I'm really trying to get at is that I'm grateful for the little things and especially the little person and the kind of tall person in my life. I'm grateful for coloring out of the lines a little bit. I'm grateful for lights that aren't always so bright. I'm grateful for that gummy smile. I'm grateful for the kisses we share at red lights. I'm grateful for our itty bitty family and our itty bitty life that we are living. I know I take it for granted sometimes, especially when I want so badly to color in the lines, but I love our messy crazy lovely life. I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment