Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Birthday Brunch & a Chilly Day

Yesterday morning Ryan and I gathered all of Lola's goodies and trinkets and met at Stephanie and Kyle's house to make a breakfast feast for one of their many brothers, Travis for his birthday. The morning and the whole rest of the day was crisp and cold, the sun never woke up yesterday. The perfect setting for a cozy birthday breakfast or should I say brunch? I love our little get togethers with everybody so much because Ryan's family is so ginormous and time is so limited the majority of the time. So I'm glad that we always tend to make time for one another especially when really good munchies are involved. We made frenchy toast with Cinnabon syrup (which I highly recommend, I'll never use maple ever again) bacon, spicy potato home fries, bucket loads of orange juice and scrambled eggs.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
After stuffing our bellies the boys headed off to the shooting range and Lola, Stephanie and I had a field trip to Joann's. Going to Joann's isn't just a trip to the store when we go, it's like an all day event...not REALLY, but getting lost in the abundance of beautiful quirky fabrics is one of our favorite things to do. And of course catching up on the craziness going on in our lives. Lola had a blast of course, her new favorite thing to do when we are out anywhere is squealing with joy while I get nasty looks from others. I feel no remorse though, because when my hunny is having a ball I'm not going to scold her for it. So I gathered all the supplies I need to make my first applique quilt. I've never worked with applique before, so I'm starting off small and making Lola a mini quilt (like super mini) and it's going to have the alphabet on it. Stay tuned for the result on that in the next few weeks.
So overall a lovely Wednesday well spent. Sigh, how I love Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment