Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pampering

For the last few Fridays, Ryan has been attending a class that specializes in MMA. Don't ask me what it's really all about because I don't have a clue. It's some sort of buff fighter deal mixed in with getting fit or something like that?  Not sure, but I know he really loves to go and it gives him an escape from the realities of everyday life as a breadman. At first I was like hm...okay what to do with this little bit of time once Lola is snug in her bed? I was at a loss honestly, but as I sat on the couch and listened to the complete and total silence of our apartment it hit me. Pamper yourself.
Fridays have now become an exploration of all the many things I can do to comfort myself with my very own alone time. Ever since Lola came along, alone time is scarce. I'm perfectly fine with it, but I am totally reveling in this new space for my mind to be at ease on its own for a change. I pamper myself in strange ways, but also very familiar ways. Baking new things and losing myself in the hum of my mixer. Catching up on my mental stack of books and escaping into whatever adventure is written on page after page. Finishing paintings and working on new creations for our walls. Sewing sewing and more sewing because my sewing machine and work area is my ultimate comfort zone when I need a break from the everyday hustle and bustle. I also like to lose myself in a bath acompanied by lavender oils and Yankee candles. And sometimes just plopping down on the couch and reveling in the sounds of my cats prancing around and the pure silence is just enough. It's the little things like that are just...enough.
I needed this and I don't feel guilty for this.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment