Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Honeycomb sheets

Oh this morning was so joyous. I feel like I've been waiting for daylight savings for many many moons now. I think the concept of our room being absolutely pitch black in the early morning hours somehow transformed our bed into a cushion made of clouds. Our squeaky sunken bed has never felt comfier. Lola on the other hand, was wide awake, every hour from 6:30 to 8. It ended up being one of those mornings where I scooped her giggling self up from her crib and tip toed back into our bed cloud and snoozed while she tugged at my hair and face until she fell back into dreams with me. This is a rare sighting because of two reasons: Lola and her everlasting independence since she escaped my womb, and a little help from sleep training rituals. Yes we believe in them, and yes they work for us. So it's mornings like these that I cherish with all my pumping heart, moments where the only sound I hear is pitter pattering of cat paws through the halls, and little murmurs from Lola while she runs her fingers through the closest soft object available. Then after the sleepy morning snooze fest, I woke up in a slight panic wondering where I am and where she is. There she is just laying their babbling and yanking at my hair to wake up already! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We also finally trashed our ancient bed sheets and replaced them with these lovelies. I'm really not too sure what the design actually is, but it reminds me of honeycomb, peachy honeycomb and that's a very scrumptious duo. But let's get serious now, I don't think you guys understand how long I've been craving new bed sheets. It's been ages, our old ones were so worn that the leaf prints were beginning to look like blobs of green and they were getting that worn beady texture to them. These new sheets are my new best friend and also a huge reason why staying in bed this morning and initiating them was a necessity, baby scents and giggles included.

No comments:

Post a Comment